Thank you so much for your interest in the Old City Wedding Tour!
The tour will take place starting at 11am on Saturday, April 10th, 2021.
Timed tickets will be sold in one hour intervals (or half hour intervals depending on interest) to ensure social distancing. Hand sanitizer, masks and city mandated occupancy limits are to be enforced at all participating locations.
The concept is to flip the format of the traditional wedding expo/show and bring potential clients directly to your shop.
Social Distancing Encouraged
All Vendors Support Equal Love
Support Small Businesses
Why Old City Wedding Tour is different than a show or expo...
No downtime at your shop, or need to pay an employee to cover the booth.
No need to lug gear to a venue or expo space.
No booth set up or breakdown time – you have more time to engage with potential clients.
Participation fee is 1/5th the cost of a wedding show (booths in the Philadelphia area avg. $500).
Build and support our local Old City Community and other Philadelphia small businesses
All The Details You Need...
Requirements to participate:
– Total fee paid in full so we can begin promoting your involvement with the event (see fee structure below).
– Engagement on social media. You must post at least once weekly leading up the event tagging #oldcityweddingtour as well as other participating vendors. We will provide graphics and wording for you, or you may create your own promotions.
– We request that you follow @oldcitysocial and @oldcitywedding and ALL other participating vendors and engage with the their posts by commenting (4 words or more), liking and sharing (to your post feed and/or stories). More engagement means more promotion and that will benefit ALL Old City shops.
– Provide a giveaway item with a minimum value of $25.00 – it may be a physical item or a gift certificate, but it cannot be a coupon that requires a purchase.
What you will receive:
– Inclusion on the tour and map, along with promotional materials for the day of the event.
– One year listing on the website OldCityWedding.com (site is currently in development).
– Up to 30 days of promotion on our Instagram accounts leading up to the event (@oldcitysocial, @oldcitywedding, @lauraeaton) and other outlets (i.e. Facebook, Eventbrite, etc). The sooner you sign up, the sooner we will begin to promote your business.
Fees to participate...
$400 early sign-up by March 15th ($500 after 3/10)
Your name, logo and information will be featured as a presenting sponsor along with Old City Social. Your business will be featured on the tote bag distributed to all attendees and we will make you a featured stop on the tour (attendees MUST stop at your location to be qualify for any giveaways). Also includes everything in the “shop” package, see next…
Old City Shop/Boutique
$100 early bird by March 15th ($150 after 3/10)
Inclusion on tour and map. Up to 30 days of promotion through all social media (including Instagram: @oldcitysocial, @oldcitywedding, @lauraeaton and our related outlets, media sponsors and contacts). Giveaway items will encourage attendees to stop at each location.
One year listing on OldCityWedding.com (site currently in development).
Philly Based Small or Micro/Business
$50 early bird by March 15th ($75 after 3/10)
Feature your products or services at our pop-up shop at Old City Social. All attendees must begin the tour at Old City Social, so you will have plenty of foot traffic!
Up to 30 days of promotion through all social media (including Instagram: @oldcitysocial, @oldcitywedding, @lauraeaton and our related outlets, media sponsors and contacts).
Venmo is preferred, but we can arrange another method of payment if needed. Venmo user name: @OldCitySocial – or you can scan the code shown here.
Please include your name, business name, Instagram handle and email address in the notes. When your payment is received, we will be in touch with more details and promotional information.
Who is organizing this event?
Laura Eaton is the founder of Old City Social and has owned various businesses in Old City Philadelphia for the last 13 years. Her career started in wedding photography and she opened her studio at 158 N. 3rd Street in 2008. A few years later she converted her studio to a share office/event space now called Old City Collective, located at 222b Race Street (formerly called Soiree Philadelphia, as it was originally centered around wedding professionals).
In 2008, Laura created a wedding event called Soiree in the City, first hosted at her studio, then at PowerPlant Productions and later at the venue formerly known as FUEL on Arch Street. This event created an interactive experience for couples, focusing on engagement and creating a party like atmosphere, instead of the traditional pipe-and-drape wedding expo. Attendance grew from 90 to over 250 attendees.
Laura and her team at Old City Social are passionate about helping Philadelphia small businesses, and of course, with a particular focus on Old City. The pandemic has brought all of us new challenges and has forced many of us to think “outside the box.” Our goal to make this a yearly event that brings couples to Old City for all of their wedding and party planning needs. With over 30+ wedding based or related business in our little neighborhood, we are primed to serve couples and bring them a personalized experience that they cannot find with big businesses.
If you have any questions, you can contact Laura directly at 609-954-0488, or email firstname.lastname@example.org